We Know the Concerns Plaguing Employees Who Are Filing Iowa Work Comp Claims
Many workers are nervous about what will happen to their employer if they file an Iowa work comp claim, how a claim may affect their job or career for that matter, and how they will overcome the financial stress of a serious or disabling injury?
Iowa Workers’ Compensation Laws Are Complex
Therefore, we have put together a series of videos that try to explain the workers’ compensation (often referred to as “workman’s comp” in Iowa) claims process in plain English so you can better understand your options and avoid making a costly mistake.
Watch any of the following videos for insight into your eligibility and rights under Iowa workers compensation laws:
- I was hurt at work in Iowa, can I sue my employer for negligence?
- What types of benefits are available in the Iowa work comp system?
- Should I sign any paperwork for the insurance company to pay my impairment rating?
- Do I qualify for the 2nd injury fund of Iowa?
- What if my Iowa work comp claim has been denied? Do I have the right to appeal?
Educate Yourself about Your Iowa Work Comp Case
Over the years, the work comp attorneys at Walker, Billingsley & Bair have gained extensive knowledge of Iowa workers’ compensation laws and workman’s comp cases. Too often our law firm has seen cases where injured Iowa workers accept whatever the insurance company or their employer offers as the final decision in their case.
The workers’ compensation insurance companies are happiest when claimants are unaware of the full scope of their rights and benefits under Iowa workers’ compensation laws. Every year too many workers’ comp claims are under-compensated because of the injured worker’s lack of knowledge of their rights under workman’s comp. Iowa workers need a trusted resource to obtain the knowledge and information necessary to make informed decisions about their case.
Our attorneys have taken the time to address common questions about workers comp benefits, payments, and settlements:
- How is my Iowa workers comp weekly check determined?
- I was hurt at work in Iowa, what is an impairment rating?
- Is the amount of my impairment rating all that I should receive for my Iowa workers comp injury?
- What if my Iowa work comp injury has left me with permanent restrictions?
- What types of workers compensation settlements are there and which one should I agree to?
- If I have an Iowa workers’ comp claim, how much should my settlement be?
- Can Iowa workers comp claimants receive compensation for pain and suffering?
Why would an Iowa work comp law firm offer free videos?
Our attorneys are dedicated first and foremost to helping injured Iowa workers seek justice. When an employee has been injured on-the-job, it is our duty to help them seek the compensation to which they may be entitled. Because Iowa workers’ compensation laws can be quite complex, filing a claim can add additional stress to an already frustrating situation. It is our goal to alleviate some of that stress.
Watch these informative videos to learn some of the common terms and situations in a workers’ comp case:
- If I hire an Iowa workers’ compensation attorney to handle my claim, how will they be paid?
- How do I find an attorney who specializes in Iowa workers’ compensation laws?
- Who will pay for my future medical expenses if I am hurt at work?
- Do I have a right to a 2nd opinion if I have been hurt at work?
- What do Iowa work comp claimants need to know about nurse case managers?
- Should I sign medical release forms if I have been injured at work?
If you are still looking for additional information about workman’s comp in Iowa or are ready to talk to an attorney about your case, Walker, Billingsley & Bair is here to help. Please continue to browse our blog for more information about your rights under workers’ comp laws and subscribe for the latest updates and workers’ compensation news.